Are you having trouble accessing Google Classroom on your device?
Do you have more than one child using the device and the assignments have the wrong name?
Try setting up different profiles on your device. This will allow you to keep all your family accounts separate from each other! (Google Chrome works best with Google Classroom.)
Adding a Person to your Device
Adding a person (profile) to Google Chrome (PC and Android)
Virtual Learning Orientation Guides
Text to Speech for Learners with Difficulty Typing
- To activate speech-to-text dictation in Windows 10, press the Windows key plus H (Windows key-H).
- The Cortana system will open a small box and begin listening and then typing your words as you say them into the microphone.
- To enable ‘Enable dictation’ open the ‘Accessibility Settings’ on your Chromebook by clicking or tapping once on the status area in the bottom right corner of your screen. Then select Settings > Advanced (at the very bottom of the page) > Manage Accessibility Features. (See the article Open Accessibility Preferences on this website for more information.)
- In the Accessibility settings window, scroll down to the ‘Keyboard and text input’ section.
- Click or tap the on/off toggle switch for ‘Enable dictation (speak to type)’.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Keyboard, then click Dictation.
- Click On. If a prompt appears, click Enable Dictation.
- If asked if you want to improve Siri and Dictation, do one of the following:
- Share audio recordings: Click Share Audio Recordings to allow Apple to store audio of your Siri and dictation interactions from this Mac. Apple may review a sample of stored audio.
- Don’t share audio recordings: Click Not Now.